(meteorobs) Perseid movies with radio scatter

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Aug 11 17:17:36 EDT 2009

August 11, 2009

I posted some pre-peak Perseid all-sky fireball movies with forward
scatter reflections.

The switchover from analog to digital tv carriers has affected my radio
monitoring but I am still able to get forward scatter from Mexico and
have also been able to tune into a pilot carrier signal for scatter from
a tv transmitter 350 miles away.  In general, all my reception is less
robust this year.

Please note:  Your browser must be able to play QuickTime .mp4 movies to
access these pages. If you are using Windows Internet Explorer before
version 7 you may not be able to access the pages. Sorry for that.

http://www.heliotown.com/Perseids_2009_Ashcraft.html

Hoping for clear skies tonight for the 0800 UT period.

Clear skies to all.

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico