(meteorobs) [Bulk] General Meteor Observation

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Tue Aug 11 22:33:59 EDT 2009

Since no other answer has been forthcoming, I can only say last night I had
broken cloud patches which did mask the moon alot. During those periods my
photographs had good contrast on weaker meteors near the moon's position,
although parts of the meteor filming itself was reduced by those same
clouds.

A bright Fireball or Bolide would have no trouble with broken cloud cover
like that even if it did back-illuminate the low clouds.

I believe it is worth observing but am not sure about recording the data
though as it is based(I think), on consistant good viewing for an accurate
count and measure for that time period. (IMHO)

I run only camera's and do not observe myself.

YCSentinel