(meteorobs) Perseids this morning lucky!

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Aug 12 06:13:14 EDT 2009

Morning all:

 Woke up about 4:15am ADT and happened to look out window...was partly
clear so dressed fast and grabbed camera...fired off upteen exposures
but every bright Perseid I saw missed the field!!!AGHAGHAHA!!
my report follows of my visual observations.

 Radio results are very poor...because of USA going digital cannot get
many meteors even with our analog stations here in Canada.

Even tried the 60 kHz added to my 83.25 MHz to give me a possible
carrier on 83.31 MHz but nothing.

 Any suggestions welcome. I use the following: I am in Halifax, NS,Canada

Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
        elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
          receiver.
Listening Mode: CW

--
Clear skies