(meteorobs) OT -1610 Debris stream significantly larger or denser?

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Thu Aug 13 11:22:53 EDT 2009

As suggested by my camera recordings, R.Lundsfords preliminary report, and
Chris Petersons Perseid graph, It appears that the first Perseid stream from
the 1610 Comet pass, occurs about 0500 to 0700.

In that first stream the meteors/fireballs are brighter and longer lasting
on my camera than at any other time in the Perseid shower periods. This was
recorded on both late evenings of the 11th & 12th at 10PM to 11PM PST.

It might be explained the Comet swift-Tuttle was larger in 1610, or
contained a newer surface of rougher texture at that time, which has been
systematically become smoother(?) or denser as the Comet lost more of its
outer shell debris over time.

All the meteors during other time periods of the Perseid streams appear to
be dimmer and of shorter duration with an occasional exception.

IMHO -YCSentinel