(meteorobs) Outburst at 6h UT August 13 >>>> Re: Perseids Still Strong

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 21:43:37 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/13/2009 9:25:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dob14.5 at sympatico.ca writes:

I had taken note of your original message, mentioned it during my
Perseids talk during a recent RASC meeting, and alerted my local
astronomy clubs of the possible outburst.

It really made for an  impressive night!!!  Even some of my non-meteor
observers friends  were impressed at the rates around 6h UT on August
13.

I was quietly thinking . . . again, based on Jeremie's graphic . . .  that
an impressive,
albeit short-lived . . . Perseid display would await us late on the  night
of August 12-13.

Of course, it was hopelessly cloudy locally for me, but at least
observations seem to
verify that we did indeed get a nice outburst.  I can only hope for
clear skies in the after-midnight hours of November 17 for the  Leonids.

-- joe r.