(meteorobs) Meteors and VLF/ELF specimen sampler- Ashcraft

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Aug 13 21:49:51 EDT 2009

I just posted a video sampler of meteors that may possibly/probably
exhibit VLF/ELF electrical emissions. I have found that meteors and
fireballs that have mid-flight flaring and/or terminal bursts are the
best candidates for showing possible emission.

I now have over 2,100 hours of observation time in this long
experiment.  At some point ( maybe soon) I will be completing my nightly
observation regimen and filing my report.  In the meantime here is a
brief sampler with an arrow pointing to where the meteors appear.

http://www.heliotown.com/VLF_ELF_Meteors_Ashcraft.html

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico