(meteorobs) Belgian Fireball 15AUG09

drtanuki drtanuki at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 06:05:18 EDT 2009

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/

A fireball crossed the Belgian sky on Saturday evening

Vision will have surprised more than a Saturday evening. One "fireball" crossed the skyline in effect at about 22 h. It was nothing at least than of a fireball, as it is pointed out in the public Observatory Urania, who qualifies phenomenon as "very spectacular".
  Numerous persons in the country pointed out having noticed "fireball" this, notably on the forum of debate of the Observatory Urania. The most part tell have seen one fireball of colour green-yellow. According to the manager of Urania, Mark Van den Broeck, it was of one fireball or fireball. " It is dusts which dissolve in the atmosphere. When it is of one fireball, it is a little bigger, of small pebbles which enter the atmosphere ".
  What was special Saturday evening, it is the largeness of the fireball and the hour in which observations took place. Normally the runny stars, fireballs or fireballs watch each other at the end of night, before dawn.
  In this case it occurred at about 22 h and fireball was very visible. " It began being dark, numerous persons were still outside ", explains Mark Van den Broeck. " For 25 years when I am in charge of astronomy, I saw it only about five times. It was really very spectacular ".

Thank you David!