(meteorobs) Cloudbaits Perseid graph & second meteor stream activity -camera compared.

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Tue Aug 18 03:07:57 EDT 2009

On my camera.....

It certainly looks like a second peak of meteor activity occured in the
morning hours of both the 12th & 13th between the UT hours of 1000 to 1100,
and 1100 to 1200 which agree's with the Cloudbait Perseid graph.

It also looks like the 13th's second peak was 50% of the 12th's second peak
which also again matches the Perseid graph.

The only significant variance I note is my Perseid captures at the main peak
on the 12th is a lot less than even my second peak counts. This may be due
to Sentinel reset delay times from planes & too many meteors though.....

YCSentinel