(meteorobs) OT -Question to the UFOCaptureV2. -PAUL PUGH et.al.,

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Fri Aug 28 15:33:59 EDT 2009

Hi Paco.

One of the drawbacks I think is my computer may be TOO fast. I see far too
many points of light that are NOT stars OR hot pixels. I believe this is due
to thermal noise in the entire computer system from super fast processing.
This noise is constantly changing with every "T" image even with near
simulaneous triggers. This difference was quite noticeable when comparing a
800 mhz computer, and a 900 mhz computer at the same time with the 2.4Ghz
computer with the exact same settings on all. It does erase with noise
removal in software photo programs when processing the .avi image later with
registax and .avi2Bmp.

I use Avermedia capturing 'cause they were cheap on e-bray. The USB frame
grabbers are superior from all that I have reviewed. But, with 4 or 5
Avermedia's in all the computers, it can get too expensive to start changing
them out until I have selected which "cheaper" one to test.

My hobbies keep my wallet empty. To much spending on non-essentials like
food and utilities. :-)

I manage the nightly 10 or so Gigabytes with daily removal. I do plan on
using a spare 60Gb. HDD on either the Sentinel or the 2.4 computer to give
me some rest in the morning file deleting........

All in all.....I believe UFOV2,22 will be the primary backup from here on. I
did not even turn on the Handyavi computer last night. I need real images of
real events too much.

YCSentinel