(meteorobs) OT -Question to the UFOCaptureV2. -PAUL PUGH et.al.,

Francisco Ocaña albireo3000 at yahoo.es
Sat Aug 29 07:38:40 EDT 2009

Hi YCSentinesl,

I computer is never too fast. The noise has many sources, but the
processing is not amongst them ( I am almost sure that UfoC just save
the original input in the AVI, without the processing effects).

The noise come from the sky, the CCD electronics, the coaxial wire and
mainly (IMO) from the frame grabber. Once the video is digitalized it
shouldn´t get much more noise. Maybe I am wrong, but I think the
computer doesn´t matter, and the only way to reduce the noise is
changing wires and grabbers (each one has different patterns and
quality, even from the same manufacturer and model).

Best,

Paco