(meteorobs) Linux Software - Video Detection

Paul meteorobs at spacescan.co.uk
Sun Aug 30 10:25:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am experimenting with Debian Linux on an ITX based PC and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good meteor (video) detection software?

I have been trying "Motion" (http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome) and I am aware of the Sandia system but this appears to be only for use by those with their supplied hardware. Are you aware of any other software gems out there that may be hidden away from the all seeing Google?

I currently use HandyAVI under Windows XP as my main system

Regards

Paul