(meteorobs) Fisheye lens misunderstanding and photography update

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 7 13:10:09 EST 2009

Aliasing is more obvious with high quality fast lenses because they produce
a small spot size. A slow lens, or one with poor optics will spread the
point source meteor image over several pixels and essentially act as an
anti-aliasing filter.

I've seen Tom's images, and the effect is definitely aliasing, not any kind
of lens artifact.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory