(meteorobs) Fisheye lens misunderstanding and photography update

Peter Hirons peter at galley.ie
Mon Dec 7 15:20:29 EST 2009

I wouldn't call this aliasing - it's just the effect of the fish-eye lens
in turning straight lines into curves.  Try taking a photo of a building
in daylight.

You can get software to correct this, but I'd stick to a linear lens as
wide as you can get.  You probably only want to be looking towards the
radiant most of the time anyway.

Peter