(meteorobs) Determining Altitude & Azimuth From All Sky Cam Images

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Mon Dec 7 16:43:18 EST 2009

Hi list,

A repost in it's own thread of the question I posed earlier.

What I would like to learn is how to determine altitude and azimuth of
the retardation point of a bolide event as recorded from a fish-eye lens
from an all-sky cam. It's easier to figure from a camera with a 90
degree FOV pointing horizontally in any given direction, but an all sky
camera pointing straight up with a 180 degree FOV is much harder to
calculate. The horizon to horizon view coupled with the distortion of
the image and aliasing can cause mis calculations.

Can someone please explain how to determine altitude and azimuth please
from an an all sky image? Links? Papers? Discussions?

Thanks...

Regards,
Eric