(meteorobs) Fwd: Determining Altitude & Azimuth From All Sky Cam Images (fwd)

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Tue Dec 8 22:34:57 EST 2009

If "close" will do..........

If (PRECISE) measures are not absolutely necessary, it is a simple task to
match camera boresights with zenith when (in my case), Vega crossed zenith
on Sept. 27, '09 e.g. This is best done with 3 or 4 turnbuckles attached to
camera mounting column for steering the camera zenith.

Build an overlay circular Azimuth degree graph based on Zenith, North Star,
and the fitting dimensions of software photographs.

Build a circular overlay graph which corresponds to Altitude.

Combine the overlays.

Check all of the above at periodic intervals with Planets, Stars, and
ephemeris programs to determine degree of error and changes in the
mountings.

But then I don't chase rocks...... :-)

YCSentinel