(meteorobs) Off-topic lens data wanted.

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 9 00:43:40 EST 2009

Larry:
	From what I dug up on the internet this lens has a flat field and
was used for Aerial Photography.  Being a multi-element lens,
transmission is limited to above 400 nm plus to about 700 nm.  I'm
not sure what format it will cover.  It has been adapted to a
Polaroid Film back which makes this pretty much useless as Polaroid
does not make this type of film anymore. Like you, I bought some
surplus fast lenses, Rayxar type, used for X-ray imaging.  The focus
point is immediately behind the rear element.  I now use them as
paper weights, ha! ha! Also have a 155-mm mirror lens that is used
for night vision systems.  Got one before this silly export
restriction was put on by the U.S. government along with the export
of image intensifiers.  I can't get it to focus out the back so its
another paper weight.  The Kodak aero Ektar lenses are very good for
meteor work along with the British Pentac lenses.  I use them for
spectroscopy.  The fellow selling this Super Farron has a buy now
price of $499 USD or there about's.  I placed a low ball bid on it
which he rejected.  I think I will pass on this lens as I can't seem
to find any detailed data on it.  No one seem to know anything about
it, at least so far.  I don't need another paper weight!
Ed