(meteorobs) Geminid Picture

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sat Dec 12 18:17:25 EST 2009

Mike and All,

I wanted someone else to respond about this photograph but it does not seem forthcoming...

We must remember that even during strong showers such as the Geminids, not all meteors are Geminids.  While your meteor does pass
close to the Geminid radiant, it actually extends beyond the radiant therefore it cannot be a member of the Geminids. It also passes
fairly close to the Sigma Hydrid radiant but I would call this meteor a sporadic. Actually these photographs are more valuable as
there are thousands of images of Geminids, but probably very few sporadics on this particular date.

Best Wishes for clear weather during the Geminid maximum!

Robert Lunsford