(meteorobs) geminids from florida

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Sun Dec 13 08:01:11 EST 2009

Went out last night (Dec. 12/13) from midnight local to 12:45 and saw only 5 Geminids and 2 sporadics during that stretch.  Skies were clear and temperature was at 70 F so mosquitos were a problem.  Limiting magnitude was about 5.5 (within the city limits of Lakeland) and I had about an 75% clear view (obscured a bit by house and trees).  Having seen the real-time IMO ZHR chart for this year's shower, I thought I would see a lot more than I did.  Probably will have clouds and rain tonight so that will be the Geminids for this year.  Oh well.

Pete Bias