(meteorobs) computer calendar of meteor showers?

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 13:07:27 EST 2009

Steve, I have my trusty Excel spreadsheets, which I could send to you. If you are interested, contact me via my e-mail address in the NAMN Notes. They include a list of all IMO working list and video showers that have IAU shower numbers. It has the radiant with RA in degrees and Hr:min, dec, and meteor velocity for each morning during the month/year. It is very labor intensive, so typically I only am a month or so ahead of reality. Also, new data constantly modifies the data, so I never go too far ahead..This is the sheet I use as a reference for the NAMN notes radiant positions.

I am also contructing a list of all those showers sorted by peak day Solar Longitude, with start and end dates for each shower, but that is taking some time, since maintaining the other sheet, observing, and reporting obs keeps me pretty busy. Oh, and life :)

Over the next month or so, I hope to get that information on line in a reasonably accessable format. When I have that up and running, I will post an announcement here.

Wayne Hally, NAMN Notes