(meteorobs) computer calendar of meteor showers?

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Sun Dec 13 15:39:18 EST 2009

Did you try Gary Kronk's Meteor Showers Online?  It's at http://meteorshowersonline.com/
Maybe that will help.

Pete

From: meteorobs-bounces at meteorobs.org [meteorobs-bounces at meteorobs.org] On Behalf Of Steven Kolins [smkolins at mac.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 3:08 PM
To: Global Meteor Observing Forum
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) computer calendar of meteor showers?

Hi,

I guess I'm looking for something between "The x meteor shower peaks on xx" and of major peaks only (which was pretty hard to find, no links for more info) and a many page article that includes discussion of the generations of progression in showers.

I would have thought someone would have something inbetween somewhere. There are calendars one can import or subscribe to for sunrise times and moon phases and satellite sitings but almost nothing for meteor showers - especially with alittle depth to them (like rates begin to rise/fall) and include minor showers and the semi-random peaks in hemispheres and annually...

Unfortunately most of the available calendars seem to be particular groups meeting about such and such shower etc.

Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/smkolins/
http://smk99.blogspot.com/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart!