(meteorobs) Preliminary video data of December 09/10, 2009

Enrico Stomeo stom at iol.it
Sun Dec 13 16:07:44 EST 2009

>Hello Enrico:
>I enjoyed your post of this from your video data. Over
>here i am using similar lens FOV and watec902H.
>We have overlapping UT coverage ( mine useful data from UT
>16 till UT22 ) and your data  is a great data source for me
>to see the effect of suburban lousy sky vs your excellent
>sky there.

Hi ykchia, thanks for the mail.

My station is located in an area with considerable light
pollution, but these cameras show a good performance even
with these conditions.
I use a similar lens, but Watec902H camera has different
characteristics and probably it saturates faster. The
software has different characteristics too.
I looked your pictures on your blog and I think you could
increase the contrast level to see so fainter stars.

Geminids are showing a good display this year, at least
in the period preceding the maximum activity.

Best,
Enrico