(meteorobs) geminids weak from Florida

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 10:32:22 EST 2009

I agree. I was on the East Coast of Central Florida, with crystal clear
skies. I noticed "bunches" where I'd see 1,2,3 in a few seconds, then a minute
 or two with nothing. I wasn't keeping count, but did see a nice,  typical
"average" display of Geminids. A nice mix of fainter meteors, and a  few
nice fireballs to keep it fun.
And the 70* temps didn't hurt either. :)

Anthony
Florida, USA

In a message dated 12/14/2009 10:28:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pbias at flsouthern.edu writes:

Had  clear skies again in central Florida (Lakeland), but couldn't stay out
for too  long.
>From 10:00 PM local (3:00 UT, Dec. 14) to 11:00 I observed 16  Geminids
and 1 sporadic.
LM at 5.5; 20% obscured view.  Faced toward  south of the radiant (Orion
region) to avoid higher light pollution to the  north.
Not a great display but at least I had good skies.  I had  anticipated poor
skies based on earlier weather forecasts.

Pete  Bias