(meteorobs) Low luminosity meteor and Geminids from Western PA 12-13-09

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Mon Dec 14 11:24:21 EST 2009

I've seen something like these before, I called them wide and dim meteors
but I didn't know they may have been associated with a shower. The ones I
saw were 3-4 arc min wide, often had a flat front, slow with a longer path
and dim about +2 to +4. I had asked about them and said (8-10 years ago)
that they seemed different and should be studied and reported separately.

                                 Dave English
                             Oceanside, California
                                Ironleaves  (twitter)