(meteorobs) Video Geminids from Colorado

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 12:40:14 EST 2009

It didn't seem that way on the East Coast of America. Could it be that the
peak came later than predicted?

Anthony
Florida, USA

In a message dated 12/14/2009 12:37:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
clp at alumni.caltech.edu writes:

This was  the most active shower I've ever recorded. My camera caught 298
meteors on  December 14, of which at least 232 were Geminids. With a video
sensitivity  of about magnitude 1, the peak rate was 50/hr at 4am local
(1100
UT).  Every time I poked my head outside, I saw lots of meteors as well. I
've
got a composite image and lots of fireball videos posted at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/geminid2009.html

Chris