(meteorobs) Sucker-hole Geminids from San Diego

frenchylarue dwmaher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:35:50 EST 2009

Took the kids out in the backyard ~10:30 PST (even though they wanted to get up at midnight ...).  Largely clouded over except for one fairly large hole moving NNE, I would guess less than 10% of the sky.  Was ready to go back in, immediately saw a nice Geminid.  3 more in less than five minutes.  And this from the edge of a canyon in San Diego.

Had to be our most productive session ever with the least amount of effort.  Would love to know the ZHR for that!  Rain before and after, but a magical five minutes.

That ought to suck the kids in for life!

Dave