(meteorobs) possible Bolide in CT, USA reported

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:56:32 EST 2009

I got this report through my website and a few followup emails. I told
the lady to report it to the AMS and to be as specific as possible
regarding directions etc. I checked the AMS site and it looked like
there was at least 1 other report from CT.

----

i was watching the geminids meteor shower and a little after midnight,
i saw this huge glowing green ball and it left somewhat of a fire
trail. it was really close and bright.

I live towards the east coast.
Waterbury, CT.

it looked a lot like this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/images/091015-fireball-explodes-netherlands-germany-picture_big.jpg

it did have fragmentation, but im not sure about any noise or boom.