(meteorobs) Meteor burst frequencies in US

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Dec 17 16:47:23 EST 2009

Here is some info for radio meteor observers in the US.  I would be interested to hear if anyone has success with 44.20 MHz transmitters in eastern/southeastern US. Note that the frequencies will be changing soon.

::::::::::::::

My question to SNOTEL information officer:

Hi.  A radio meteor observer asked me if the SCAN meteor burst
transmitters are in operation and what frequencies they are operating at?

Many thanks for your help or for directing me to further information.

Thomas Ashcraft

Answer:

Thomas,

Yes they are operating.  Currently they are operating on several frequencies.

40.530 MHz  master station transmit
41.530 MHz
44.20 MHz  master station transmit
45.90 MHz

Soon they are all going to be switching to:

40.67 MHz  master station transmit
41.61 MHz

Hope this helps.

Garry