(meteorobs) [meteorite-list] Geminid photos uploaded/did anyone notice anything unusual ab...

countdeiro at earthlink.net countdeiro at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 12:51:07 EST 2009

George Zay said ">>Perhaps it's just me, but did anyone  else notice more persistent trains
than usual? Although there were not too  many fireballs that I saw, even
dimmer (but still negative magnitude)  Geminids seemed to leave long
lasting trains.<<

Would anyone care to share their knowledge of the factors at play in the production of visible "trains"? I would surmise that the velocity of the object has less to do with this than the mass and the penetration to denser lower altitudes.

Count Deiro