(meteorobs) Meteor or Iridium Flare

Leo S l.stachowicz at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 27 16:49:12 EST 2009

Hi Mike,

Not easy to say for sure in either case at first glance, but I think you
can be fairly confident that at least the first is a meteor, since it
was taken deep in the night when satellites are not generally visible
high in the sky (due to the Sun being well below the horizon). The
second also appears to have a small terminal flare at the end, which
would suggest meteor to me:

http://www.btinternet.com/~l.stachowicz/pics/other/img_2776-blowup.jpg

I'd be interested to hear what others make of these two!

Clear skies!
Leo