(meteorobs) Texas Fireball

Pat Branch pat_branch at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 23:16:31 EST 2009

I would disagree that this is a natural fireball, I think it is part of
the satellite. There have been a rash of sightings of meteors within
about 200 miles of Dallas including some in my neighborhood. This
matches the Air Force plots I saw that showed lots of pieces hitting
this area (and up thru the US to Nebraska.
Both meteors and manmade objects at this low an altitude would have
roughly the same terminal velocity Mass*(Gravity-Drag).
Since these were about 11am this morning I suspect there will not be a
large increase tonight...but it does temp me!
Additional sightings were reported (but same Austin Video) although
they showed a couple more videos on the TV at:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090215
_wz_fireball.1c218d2b.html