(meteorobs) Helmet of fireballs

Karl Antier ka.antier at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 16 08:40:48 EST 2009

Hi Roberto,

Sorry, I should have quoted Dave comments. The second meteor is this he
mentionned in his last message :
"While some may argue this was a meteor, with some merit,
my second was a beautiful -3 to -4 meteor coming up from the south for about
30 degrees. At first I wasn't sure if it was a stellite or meteor but I had
my binoculars on it, the shock wave became visual as an oval then expanded
out to about three times it's first size, then receeded in size until it
vanished visually. I did not hear electophonic sounds or later anything
that may have been sonic sounds. It was one heck of a show."
This is the meteor, which, I thought, could be a reentry.

Clear skies!
Karl