(meteorobs) 2008 Lunar Impacts and the Texas Fireball

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Mon Feb 16 18:27:59 EST 2009

Pat, Thomas and others,

    I don't know if the recent activity were meteors or space junk but in
checking my graft for Lunar impacts, it lists four impacts centered on 13
Feb. There's nothing from any year but 2008, Feb.11-1, Feb.12-1 Feb.14-2,
all were listed as sporatic but that's an unusual number of impacts if they
are true sporatics. From the years of the siesmic records on the moon, no
significant impacts close to 13 Feb other than 2008, though review beyond
the 167 largest impacts may reveal activity. My list only has the largest
167 impacts of thousands recorded. So there is significant activity around
the 13th of Feb. as recorded on the moon last year.

                         Dave English
                     Oceanside, California