(meteorobs) West, Texas meteorite finds

Pat Branch pat_branch at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 12:01:07 EST 2009

Thanks Doug,
Thanks for the info!
Looks like the meteor fragmented early enough to cause most pieces to
get a fusion crust. I hope that does not mean there will not be a big
(in the pounds range) piece. Does anyone know if anyone is keeping a
map of the strewn field? It would be great if we could make a map. I
would still think the biggest pieces would be west of West...between
the town and Smith's Bend in the Brazos River.
Good hunting...I might get down there and hunt next weekend..but it is
looking more like I will have to look at sales to get a piece of that
one.
Pat