(meteorobs) OT -To Chris, et.al., Supercircuits PC164C camera.

Francisco Ocaña albireo3000 at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 1 17:00:07 EST 2009

Hi Larry,

I imagine that high-resolution model has less sensivity for meteors
(smaller pixels) but I prefer the KPC-650 because I want it to be
"multipurpose": fireballs, weather, etc. I find the KPC-650 around
40-60$ cheaper than the PC164EX-2. If they are not the same, maybe the
Supercircuit's is worth the difference.

Perhaps even the low-res camera could be a good choice. With a 1,6mm
lens, it gives ~26'/pix ( in the kilometer precision for a moderately
far fireball).

Happy New Year!

Paco Ocaña