(meteorobs) Quads in Dallas-FW area

Pat Branch pat_branch at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 22:59:19 EST 2009

We had mostly overcast skys, with about 80-85% of the sky covered.
But I went out anyway since there was a hole in the clouds due west
between 30 and 70 degs above the horizon. Clouds drifted thru but this
hole area was the only area all night I could see any kind of stars in.
At 4:30 CST (10:30 UT) after I set up, I saw a number of them in quick
secession. Watched until about 6:30 CST as the eastern sky was turning
blue. In all only about 20, but considering the small area of sky and
even then it was covered for a portion of the time. It seems to me the
peak was likely slightly earlier than predictions.

Looking forward to the Leonids of 2009 and would like to participate in
a large party of experienced watchers. Anyone planning anything?
Pat