(meteorobs) HALWA at NJAA Jan 4, 2009

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 18:52:55 EST 2009

Here are my obs for the morning after the peak. What a difference a day (or night) makes.
Yesterday I had 45/Hr Quads, 58/Hr Total, this morning 1/Hr Quads, 8/Hr Total.

begin    	 2009-01-04 0808
end      	 2009-01-04 1023
observer	 "Wayne T" "Hally" "HALWA"
location	 74 53 54 W, 40 40 52 N
site    	 "NJAA Observatory,HighBridge.NJ" "United States" "25186"

// Shower section
shower	QUA 230 +49
shower	CBE 174 +24
shower	COM 189 +18
shower	ANT 116 +20
shower	SPO

Also looked for JLE and AHY showers (see yesterday's message for radiants) as well as SPX (southern Apex) and ICA. No JLE, AHY, or ICA were seen so are omitted from the chart below.
Also monitored SPX (Southern Apex) Sirko's shower 87, RA 174, Dec -21, v62.

I observed for 2.25 hours Teff, I planned to go longer, but with temps of 22 degrees F, the forecasted drop of wind speed from 6 mph to calm did not occur. Instead it was 10 mph winds with higher gusts. I just couldn't safely go any longer.

Since the hourly rates for all showers did not vary significantky, I will just give the full 2.25 hour Teff summary. I did watch the ANT radiant (as well as the nearby ICA) but saw none, so they are omitted from the chart as well.

UT Date Jan 04, 2009
F=1.00
Teff=2.25

UT Time       LM  QUA  CBE  COM  SPX  SPO  TOT  Met/Hr
0808-1023 +5.42    2        5        2         1      7        17     7.6

Total 17 meteors in 2.25 Hours (7.6/Hr) Avg Mag +3.00

2 QUA (0.9/Hr) Avg Mag +2.75
5 CBE (2.2/Hr) Avg Mag +3.10
2 COM (0.9/Hr) Avg Mag +3.25
1 SPX (0.4/Hr) Mag +3