(meteorobs) Jan 3, 2009 Quadrantids from New Mexico

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Jan 4 21:20:53 EST 2009

I posted a specimen video web page with some sonic Quadrantids that
appeared during the shower peak with their forward scatter radio
reflections and spectrograms.
::
At my observatory, radio reception became nearly saturated near the peak
hours so that counting of individual meteors was impossible.
::

http://www.heliotown.com/Quadrantids_2009_Ashcraft.html

::
I have a lot more processing to do as the Quadrantid radiant was above
my local horizon until mid-afternoon and my radio charts show continuous
activity beyond the predicted peak hours.

Clear skies,
Thomas Ashcraft
35.50  N Lat   105.89  W  Long
New Mexico