(meteorobs) Video QUAs from Virginia Jan 3

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 21:48:12 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gural, Peter S." <PETER.S.GURAL at saic.com>
To: <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Cc: "George Varros" <gvarros at gmail.com>
Sent: 2009/01/04 15:19
Subject: (meteorobs) Video QUAs from Virginia Jan 3

> We had exceptionally clear weather (snip)...
> I hope to examine the tracks on my recordings and George's more closely in
> the next few weeks to determine if there is anything to the anecdotal
> claims by some that there was a split or diffuse radiant. To that end, any
> video data or frame sequences would be handy to throw into the overall
> analysis. Please contact me directly if you have anything to contribute.
>
> Cheers... Pete Gural
> peter.s.gural at saic.com

Pete,
I can provide you with apprx. 45 .TIF meteor photographs from Sentinel on a
CDROM in two groups, those that appear to come from a Southerly radiant, and
those that appear to come from the main Northerly group during the shower if
that is what you require. I do not recall the smaller quantity in the
"apparent" Southerly radiant.

Larry
YCSentinel