(meteorobs) Quad observations after 1400 UT- Jan 3, 2009 ?

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 13:01:34 EST 2009

The problem is most of those would need to be made from the middle of the Pacific.
1400 UT is 0600 PST, which is about morning Astro/Nautical twilight. After that, the next significant landmasses are Alaska and Hawaii, and the Northwest Territories...and as Bruce's report has indicated (I love the line "where Fahrenheit and Celsius meet"!) the far north had brutal conditions.

I suspect there won't be many more observations during that time period.

The gap between Europe and the eastern US is smaller, so for major showers there is usually some overlap (under marginal conditions; ie. twilight in Europe and low radiant elevations in the easten US). But the Pacific gap is very wide.

Wayne

From: Thomas Ashcraft <ashcraft at heliotown.com>