(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on December 17, 2008

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 12:54:58 EST 2009

My plan this year was to try to observe the Ursids through the entire period of their activity, but winter weather and clouds got in the way. Instead, I got two one hour sessions on two nights and saw no Ursids on either of them. On December 17 the session began with clouds and haze creeping in around the edges of the sky, by the end of the observing session the sky was rapidly moving toward total overcast. This is what I saw .

December 17, 2008 Paradise Hill Nevada, 20 miles North of Winnemucca
Longitude 117 degrees 37' 30" West Latitude 41 degrees 15' O" North

UT Period    Field   Teff   F    LM    URS   COM   SPO

18:10-19:11  60NE    1.01  1.18  5.77   0     1     4

Magnitude Distrubution

Shower  -3  -2  -1  0  1  2  3  4  5

COM      0   1   0  0  0  0  0  0  0

SPO      1   0   0  1  0  1  0  1  0