(meteorobs) Question to group. -Next intense shower withrealtively short duration West Coast Evening?

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 14:32:46 EST 2009

I use Gary Kronk's page as one of the many sources in writing the NAMN Notes. My primary sources are the IMO on-the -fly graphs, articles in WGN analysing recent showers, IMO Video observations, NAMN observations, AMS observations, IAU showers...well you get the idea. In this biz, being a reading addict is a benefit :)

I also have my own records, which will soon be posted on the NAMN website. It will also include multimethod data; the NJAA team also has an allsky camera and experimental radio observations. We are now conducting simultaneous observations since the video system has had most of the bugs worked out and has gone beyond beta testing.

We can't include attachments here, but over the last three years, my visual observations include little bumps for the Lyrids and ETA's, big bumps for the Perseids, Orionids and Geminids, and a huge spike for this year's Quadrantids (my best rate in the last 3 years).

Of course during the prime Leonid years there were far higher rates; hopefully this year's Leonids may be a pleasant surprise.

Once again, the next EXPECTED high rates (comparable to this year's Quadrantids) will be for the Perseids. In between, there will be some time for experimenting.
From: "stange" <stange34 at sbcglobal.net>