(meteorobs) Fireball on 2009/01/13

Flavio Castellani flacaste64 at yahoo.it
Sun Jan 18 17:00:55 EST 2009

Hi, I'm a new subscriber of this mailing list. Our observatory (Osservatorio del Monte Baldo -Verona - Italy - http://lnx.osservatoriomontebaldo.it/) follow a video meteor  program from november 2005, and from february 2008 we have two meteor stations, both using Metrec. The observatory is public and our association (Circolo Astrofili Veronesi  http://lnx.astrofiliveronesi..it/)  manage the observatory. In those years of activity a lot of fireballs were captured from our cameras but nothing like that recorded from our North camera on Jenuary 13th at 00:02:40 UT. You can see images and animations of the phenomena at the following link: http://lnx.astrofiliveronesi.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1536&cntnt01returnid=55

As the fireball was seen on north-east it could be easly seen from sites north and east from Italy. Any other has recorded this event?

Bye

                 Flavio