(meteorobs) US Air Force Space Surveillance Radar - tuning in?

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 21 23:53:40 EST 2009

Bob I wonder if he might be better off making his own Yagi?

If he is using a commercial TV antenna, it probably has a lot of phased
director wiring on it (plus multi-band FM elements) which would pick up the
216mhz signal even if antenna is broadside to the radar source and it would
be difficult to null out the carrier.

With a clean Yagi cut to 216 mhz. with parasitic director(s) only, a
broadside orientation could null out that radar with proper lead-in, but of
coarse being broadside it would reduce the aiming directions only to
broadside of the stations actual location.

Just a thought....

YCS