(meteorobs) US Air Force Space Surveillance Radar - tuning in?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Jan 22 10:05:08 EST 2009

Bob, Pat, Larry and all,

Thank you for your helpful input.

I am still tuning in various configurations of gain, attenuation, and
filtering and can get the tone to disappear using LSB. I will keep
tweeking but I have heard no meteors thus far.

I wonder what normal morning sporadic meteor rates would be?  Should I
expect to hear a few meteors per minute or just a few meteors per hour?
Or, will it take a substantial fireball to reflect the radar?   I am not
sure what to expect.

Thanks again.

Thomas