(meteorobs) Thomas -3 element 220 yagi

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 23 17:37:37 EST 2009

I think prior messages got blocked because I looked on e-bay and did a copy
& paste of the ID number in a message to you here on meteorobs. E-bay tried
to sneak an attachment into my message to you.

Anyway item number: 350155466708 is a 3 element 6db yagi used mainly for
transmitting. Not enough forward gain for serious weak signal receiving
because for that you would want 10 db gain or more. Price is similar to
others that are 3 element so no bargain here.

But this type of antenna might be enough to see if the radar station is
workable at all.

A good yagi on 220 is well over $110 and will have a long boom length and a
need to be well elevated. Unfortunately, a high gain antenna will have a
narrow radiation pattern at that gain. i.e., VERY directive and not broad
enough for any kind of wide angle reception.

Just a thought.... Larry (YCS)