(meteorobs) Thomas -3 element 220 yagi

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 24 00:10:02 EST 2009

Verticale arrays should definitely be avoided. Horizontal polarization only
for additional reasons cited below besides just good looks....

I would stay away from any "plumbers delight" antenna design and make all
elements insulated from the boom. That way he can avoid side pick-up better
if he decides to null out the transmitters location too.

Plumbers delight designs are the easiest and most popular for Hams to make
however..... Right now Thomas probably wants to insure the radar station
will work before he gets into too many $$$ with amp's & exotic ant. systems.

I believe the 3 element Yagi's are all probably "plumbers delight" in design
and this type of antenna can be built in a garage with standard tools just
to get something going for testing purposes. Many construction designs are
on the internet with specifications.

YCSentinel