(meteorobs) OT- To interested forward scatter operators.

bob71741 bob71741 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 18:52:40 EST 2009

For what its worth, I added to the files section design details and
photos of my home made Yagi and Moxon antennae that I use to monitor
NAVSPASUR. The program and spreadsheet are from L.B. Cebik, a noted
ARRL antenna expert, who recently passed away.

The Moxon antenna is only two elements, but is easy to build using 1/2
inch PVC and #12 wire. I was planning on building a 5 or 7 element
Yagi, but after I got my LNA installed (23 dB gain, 0.7 dB N.F.), the
performance of my setup increased so that the higher gain antenna was
not needed.

I use the Moxon design for monitoring SNOTEL, which at 40.53 MHz would
be a large antenna for the Yagi and my back yard. The "folded" Moxon
fits in quite nicely. I also have an LNA for that as well, only 20 dB
of gain with 0.6 dB noise figure.

Regards
Bob

--- In meteorobs at yahoogroups.com, "stange" <stange34 at ...> wrote:

> General question to the meteor scatter folk-
>
> Is there enough general interest in making forward scatter Yagi's
for (ANY)
> frequency or gain from hardware store and Radio shack materials for
me to
> put up pages on my website?
>
> It will require careful skill with common tools and soldering to make a
> product equal too or better than what you can buy, from everyday
materials.
> About 1 weekend of work.
>
> If not, I can help you Thomas by private e-mail. The ARRL based
calculations
> have already been programmed and available on-line for
do-it-yourselfers &