(meteorobs) Southern Arizona Fireball - Jun 23

Robert Verish bolidechaser at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 11:16:48 EDT 2009

Hello All,

For those who haven't heard the news, yet, there has been a major update regarding this bolide.  I've attached the initial announcement below:

Congratulations to Dr. Jack Schrader and all the meteorite-recovery teams,
Bob V.

-------------- Attached Text --------------

<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2009-July/053575.html>

[meteorite-list] Arizona's Newest Fall
Jack Schrader schraderj at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 4 08:42:38 EDT 2009

Dear List Members,
I have a very important announcement to make and one I am sure everyone will be very excited about.  Most of you have already heard the news about the fireball which was sighted over Southern Arizona at 9:22 pm on the evening of Tuesday June 23.   I would like to announce that I have recovered material from this fall.   I recovered a 155.6 gram stone at 6:20 pm on Thursday, June 25, which is 44 hours and 58 minutes after the fireball was sighted.   Fortunately the material recovered was recovered in an absolutely pristine state as the area had no monsoon season rainfall previous to my discovery.   I was able to very quickly zero in on the area with the help of numerous phone calls and eyewitness reports which were all thoroughly investigated with follow up visits.  With GPS, compass and notepad in hand, I put well over 300 miles on my vehicle in less than two days.  The area people were extremely excited about this event and more than willing
to offer whatever information they had about the sighting.   I was born and raised in this part of Arizona and my intimate knowledge of the country, the terrain, the trails and back roads has proved invaluable in my search.

I have sent a photo to Michael Johnson and requested he post it on Rocks from Space Picture of the Day for July 4.

I would like to also take this opportunity to extend my very best wishes to each and every one of you for a very pleasant holiday.  Happy 4th of July!

Jack Schrader

[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - July 4, 2009
SPACEROCKSINC at aol.com SPACEROCKSINC at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 08:01:16 EDT 2009

http://www.rocksfromspace.org/July_4_2009.html

-------------- End of Attached Text --------------

(meteorobs) Southern Arizona Fireball - Jun 23
prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Thu Jun 25 20:43:41 EDT 2009

The eyewitness reports are very interesting to read, don't miss out. They
start part way down the page so spend a moment to look around and study the
post on the fireball. Good job!
                               Dave English
                           Oceanside, California