(meteorobs) Sheffield England Fireball?

drtanuki drtanuki at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 20:01:57 EDT 2009

Dear List,
  I just received this report; does anyone else have any reports?

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/2009/07/uk-meteor-news-flash-sheffield-england.html

Thursday, July 30, 2009
UK Meteor News Flash- Sheffield England Reader "Hugh Fireball amd Roar" 30JUL09 31JUL09
Anonymous from Sheffield England writes:

"Hi I live in England Sheffield and I have just seen a massive fireball tonight about 10 mins ago it was scary but awsome at the same time do you think this was a Meteor? this happened at about 10.30pm (30JUL09) it was a bright orange glare and looked about the same size as a Brittish 10 pence coin from where we were stood. it was deffo on fire I’ve never seen anything like it before. It looked like the sun was flying over our house. it made a jet like sound too. (100% deffinatley not a jet though) "

Thank you.  Dirk Ross...Tokyo

The person spelled British (Brittish) and several other words wrong in their post so it may be a schoolboy hoax?