(meteorobs) AMS Observer profile

meteorsga meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 1 20:07:04 EDT 2009

Hello Mark!
   I know it's been a long time since you heard from me...not so long on this end since you have actually been observing while I have not.  I have had some recurring health issues (nothing lethal just extremely painful) and also my wife has been living in Atlanta so I have been forced to spend about 50% of my weekends there.  Given that I hold down two jobs on top of all that, somethings have just had to give, and observing (so far but not permanently) has been one of them.  Too bad it has to be done at the worst hours...
But at least I still do a small amount of meteor work by helping Bob with the AMS observer totals, and i do drag my telescope out in the early hours from time to time...
I focused the first several observer profiles on somewhat lesser known observers since I thought we all wanted to know more abut them, but your time has come, if you are willing.   Do you think you'd have a few minutes this week to do a third-person write-up on your meteor observing history?   I think given your incredible service through NAMN (and the fact that it was you who actually got me started!) your profile is really among the most needed.  A nice digital or scanned photo would be appreciated, too!  If you're willing, you can look at any recent MT for an idea of how long (not very) the article or go to the AMS website where they are archived.
Please let me know one way or the other and thanks in advance!

Kim Youmans